16 dic 2019

My Morning Riutal

It is absolutely imperative that you have a morning routine that grounds you, energizes you, and sets you up for an intentionally AWESOME day. 

Jumping out of bed to the sound of an alarm clock, hitting the ground running its toll on your health, not just physically, but emotionally and mentally, too. Depending on caffeine to wake you up is overtime going to take its toll on your health, not just physically, but emotionally and mentally, too.

warm water with lemon and ginger & ocean view

My dream kitchen



My morning routine goes like this 


1.     Wake up I spend a minute visualizing my ideal day and expressing gratitude for yet one more morning I get to be alive. Lately, I also thank all the amazing people I will meet that day.

2.     Hydrate
This is not for hydration purposes, this is for peristalsis and elimination. Within 10 minutes of waking up, I guzzle a large Mason jar of warm water with lemon and ginger. Think of it as a tidal wave whooshing through your intestinal tract to stimulate a bowel movement. 

3.     Meditate
The yogis refer to this time between 4-6 a.m. as “Brahma muhurta” and call it THE most magical and creative time of the day when consciousness is the most expansive. I do not like to wake up early, so if I wake up later, I forgive myself :). where I’ve established a special place, to sit for 10-15 minutes and also practice some Pranayama and Nauli breathing to detoxify my body and open my mind to a bigger perspective, connect with my inner guide, and get intentional. You can do it together with me on my new Youtube channel.

4.     Do breath and body practice
This usually is 15-20 minutes of movement. Here’s when we get out of our sleepy heads and into our bodies. If I’m teaching yoga that day, I’ll practice my class. If you’re taking a long run or have a date with weights at the gym, keep your morning practice more fluid with stretching & yoga. MOVE YOUR BODY FIRST THING in the morning, somehow, some way. If this sounds impossible, start with 3 minutes shaking the body with Dynamic meditation music. You’ll feel the benefits and naturally want to do more. Build from there.

5.     Nourish my body
I make a green smoothie. This is the best way to get a good shot of chlorophyll into the bloodstream along with all the nutrients that dark leafy greens offer. When you make your smoothie, lean more toward greens and less toward sweet fruits, as it’s easy to load up on unnecessary sugars that don’t offer the same benefits. You want to drink this on an empty stomach. If 20 minutes later you have a larger appetite, eat a healthy, easily digestible breakfast like oatmeal, acai bowl, fruits or toast, or eggs.

 Papaya with Noni smoothie to help my not so perfect digestive system  



6.     Intentionally imagine & plan my day
After 45 minutes of taking care of my body’s needs, opening to a bigger picture of life, I’ll take this time with my morning smoothie to pull out my journal and write what comes in my mind and my intentions and goals for the day. If I have time I will tap into this creative time of the day and write for my website, my blog, and others or I will read some motivational books or quotes. check here my book list.




Namaste 🤍

Aviv








For more articles:

My Breakfast recipes: Chia pudding, Acai bowl

How to minimize the look of strech marks: https://mynameisaviv.blogspot.com/2020/01/how-to-minimize-look-of-stretch-marks.html

My daily wellness routine: https://mynameisaviv.blogspot.com/2019/12/daily-wellness-routine.html


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

How do you engage your mula bandha?

The  bandhas   are shrouded in mystery. And for good reason! Like the  chakras , you can’t see them with the naked eye. Mula bandha is on...