30 ott 2017

Fuerteventura, my new home?

Fuerteventura, and the good energy


I am starting my blog with this experience I'm having now in Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands. It's three months that I'm here. I love this place. Amazing vibes and good and happy people. Surf, sun, sailing, good food and a lot of yoga and meditation. I needed that after I was living in Milan for the past 3 years. It is completely different.  I started my "CITY DETOX" here, not just eating a lot of organic veggies and fruits, but mental detox. And really I feel that I changed, something inside changed, and I can see it also in my yoga practice, I'm doing a lot of poses that I could not do before. Even simple ones, like headstand (I am really strong, so for me, it should be an easy one :). Before I couldn't even stay in headstand for a second cause I felt dizzy, and now it feels so comfortable. 

So let's start with some review about classes of yoga on the island. If you are on the island for a vacation you can come to try each of these classes. It is not easy to find information on the web, so that's why I am here for.

Joan Iyengar, Corralejo
For all the Iyengar yoga lovers... this one is a great place, Joan is an amazing teacher, really careful about the positions. U can try a class for free, it on the last floor of a nice building close to the harbor. nice view. Nice studio with wood floor. Joan explains everything in Spanish, so if u never tried its better to go to a place where they speak English during the class. There are not many people usually,
u should call before to see if there is a place. There is all the equipment.
I loved it!!! recommended

Joan +34635 889002

studio    πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
teacher   πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
view πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
level πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

It's yoga (English), Corralejo
Nice studio, but could be much better. The style is Ashtanga and vinyasa. They call it Rocket. The possibility of trying is to buy 3 classes which cost 20 euro. They have classes every day in the morning and in the evening, and also a free class in the beach on Wednesday, when u can come and join but its a silence class.
I've been in 2 class, one was OK but it was just one hour and didn't like so much the teacher, The second on Sunday morning was ashtanga primary series which I love, but the studio is too small so the teacher didn't have a place for her and couldn't show all the positions (u can forget some and a lot of the people don't know all of them). The teacher also doesn't correct so much, but again too many people. The studio is nice but without a view. the bathroom inside the yoga space :/... they offered some snacks and tea in a small living area. The class in English :)
There is also teacher training and a nice yoga outfits to buy in the studio.

https://www.itsyogafuerteventura.com/
they respond in FB
https://www.facebook.com/itsyogafuerteventura/

studio πŸ™πŸ™
teacer πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
 view no view
level  πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Papagayo Fitness Center (spanish)
The best class I tried on the island. The teacher really good and u have a few types of yoga. Hatha, Ying, Vinyasa. A lot of options during the day. You can check the schedual in the fb page. The class is in spanish and there are a lot of cute surfers guys. More men the women. The teacher always the same and she is really nice,  she corrects a lot. The studio is not nice, and u have spinning bicycle all around. Outside to the place u have the gym and supermarket. U can come to try for free and for a month it is only 35 euro.

studio   πŸ™πŸ™ (big and not hot)
teacher  πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
view    πŸ™
level   πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Some places I and u should try while u are here
pole dance in the beach https://www.facebook.com/polestudiofuerteventura/

https://www.facebook.com/TheArtLabLajares/ art lab in Lajares, I heard really good stuff about this place, and there are also art classes and Contemporary Ballet :)



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

How do you engage your mula bandha?

The  bandhas   are shrouded in mystery. And for good reason! Like the  chakras , you can’t see them with the naked eye. Mula bandha is on...