8 feb 2019

How to stay healthy in Bocas del Toro?


.I try to eat fresh & healthy food 


Since I had 13 years old I started to inform myself more and more about a healthy lifestyle, read a lot and tried to eat as much healthy that I could (in that time it was more difficult). That is why maybe my Ayurvedic doctor in India told me that I don't have toxins in my body :). Of course, it is also because I  am doing sport and yoga every day in my life. A lot of Nauli breathing and Kapalbhati also help..

Arriving in a new country is always a surprise, In every country, I need to adjust and change my diet depends on what I can find in the local stores. In Bocas del Toro there are local stores where I can find vegetables and fruits. There are also a lot of supermarkets ( all own by Chinese :)) where I can find surprisingly all that I need (that was hard to find in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica)
 I drink everyday fresh coconut water which fills me with
.potassium which I need after my running
every morning I start (more the 5 years already)hot water with lemon and ginger !!! so good for me for detox my body and get I function my lazy digestion system.
.Papaya full with vitamin A & C. Vitamin A important for the skin is needed for the building and maintenance of collagen, which provides structure to the skin. Papayas contain an enzyme called papain that aids digestionPapaya is also high in fiber and water content, both of which help to prevent constipation and promote regularity and a healthy digestive tract. I also love the taste, cause here it is not so sweet. I eat also the seeds. I like to cut in half the papaya putting some yogurt on top and that's it... Also for a really healthy shake, U can make papaya, Noni, and lemon

what is Noni? So I am not that strong to eat this every day. Inside the shake, you don't really feel the taste, but to drink it as a shot every day like a lot of my friends that live in Cosa Rica do, I can't and don't feel like I need (I prefer to try to drink celery every day). Noni it is a tropical evergreen plant is rich in powerful antioxidants such as Vitamin CVitamin A, Vitamin B3 (niacin) and iron. and everyone says that it helps with anything you have. It kind of helps me with my digestion isues. worth to try.

 .fish, if I find fresh ones. I love ceviche 
Pineapple, mango, and passion fruit, although I am not a fan... too sweet
..Almonds and different kinds of nuts
yogurt cause I can't live without and I love the greek ones full with protein,
and I found here the only bread I can eat, pumpernickel it made me so happy to find it in one of the supermarkets here. that is the only bread I eat in my life. It makes me full and it is so healthy.
Almond milk with my coffee..
From the locals, I am buying homemade coconut oil to use on my body every night after a shower, and also I mix it with coffee and do peeling only for the body, which it is perfect for the skin, and also for the cellulite. I also use it once a week on my hair and it makes my hair soft.
Every night I put coco oil on my face and do massage for the face with Gua sha rock, it is a Chines method. Using the Gua Sha Gade Rock with 
gentle pressure, in the correct directions, we encourage the lymphatic fluid to move along its pathways and drain into the body. A Gua sha made of pure Jade, is a cooling and cleansing stone used in Chinese medicine for centuries to aid the body's filtration organs and lymph system to expel toxins. That 


helps me to reduce blowing in my face. My best friend from China introduced me to it one year ago and since then I am doing it everyday night or day and I found it really helpful, it is also really good  for the wrinkles.

 more about my exprience in Bocas https://mynameisaviv.blogspot.com/2019/02/bocas-del-toro.html


Hasta luego,


Aviv








Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

How do you engage your mula bandha?

The  bandhas   are shrouded in mystery. And for good reason! Like the  chakras , you can’t see them with the naked eye. Mula bandha is on...